The War-Time Journal of a Georgia Girl
1. Pg. 2: Introduction. How does Ms. Andrews describe the slave owners in the South? About how many slave owners were there? On what document does she base her figures?
2. Pg. 97: A Belle of the Confederacy. List three things you notice about the lady in the painting.
3. THE PASSING OF THE CONFEDERACY (chapter)
What was the profession of Ms. Andrews' father? How did Georgians react to news of secession? Was Mr. Andrews a slave owner?
4. FORESHADOWINGS OF THE RACE PROBLEM (chapter)
What did Ms. Andrews father believe was the "greatest of all the evils brought upon us by the war"?
5. Pgs. 348-349: Describe what might be seen at a "dancing party". Who did Ms. Andrews try to avoid meeting?